Login Register
 °

Two taken to hospital after suspected gas leak at Croyde home

By NDJPhilippa  |  Posted: August 27, 2013

Fireman

Fireman

Comments (0)

A SUSPECTED gas leak at a property in Croyde has led to a man and woman being taken to hospital.

The incident happened at a property in Home Farm Close last night just after 1am.

Fire crews from Woolacombe, Braunton and a further crew from Barnstaple with a gas detector, were called to the scene by paramedics who were already at the property.

The crews confirmed one carbon monoxide detector had been activated inside the property.

A woman at the property suffered a head injury following a fall and was treated by the ambulance crews who also treated a man, in his 30s, for dizziness.

The fire crews isolated the gas supply and ventilated the property.

The incident was then left in the hands of the paramedics who took the pair to North Devon District Hospital at 2.30am.

Read more from North Devon Journal

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES