Login Register

Discussion

“A father who had a vasectomy operation on the NHS says he now wants the procedure reversed after starting a new relationship.
In cases like this, should the NHS pay for the vasectomy to be reversed or should it be up to the individual to pay? The procedure costs in the region of £3, 700.”

By e_glanfield Posted: February 09, 2012

5 comments

5 replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • FamilyGuy1985  |  February 09 2012, 6:12PM

I can't understand why Jamie would think the NHS would pay for this reversal. He obviously didn't think before he went ahead with the vasectomy and I'm positive the GP that authorised the procedure would have given Jamie all the information needed to make a sensible decision. It's a shame that Jamie is incapable of making a sensible decision, why couldn't he have used other contraception methods? or to quote Jeremy Kyle "Put something on the end of it." As a working taxpayer, I'll be damned if we should pay for him to have more children. In my opinion, the NHS have performed a service by ensuring this moron doesn't produce any more offspring. My advice to his current partner would be to find someone 'better equipped' for fatherhood.

• BenDover169  |  February 09 2012, 9:12PM

I couldn't have put it better myself. Well said Familyguy.

• accom  |  February 10 2012, 11:04PM

Foolish man. While the concept of the NHS and free healthcare is one of the things the UK can be proud of and show the world, I don't think people having completely unnecessary treatment should be able to take advantage of it. The same applies for all those insecure women who had stupid pointless breast enhancements and now need them removed - serves them right for abusing their bodies in the first place, the best bodies are all natural, I for one would never want to date a woman manufactured out of plastic and cement. You should only have medical treatment if you NEED it - if it's something you only WANT, you should have to pay for it yourself.

• havinalaugh01  |  February 13 2012, 2:11PM

Definitely up to the individual to pay. Surely there is no way the NHS would pay for this to be reversed?

• Bangtastic  |  February 19 2012, 8:40PM

He should be castrated not having a reversal.

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!