Login Register
 °

Discussion

“Cyclist are an absolute hazard on the narrow but busy road between Braunton and Trelawney garden centre at Ashford. Every day between 7:30am and 08:30am Traffic is held up behind bikes.

I have seen long tailbacks all because selfish persons on bikes won't use the Tarka trail that runs parralel with the busy road.

Tell me why I who pays road tax has to sit behind a bicycle for almost the length of the road while vehicles struggle to get past.

Oh and I've heard the weak suggestion that I should get a bike it'd healthier. I work a Tiverton so can't get a bike and wouldn't be so selfish anyway.””

By dalestuckley Posted: October 09, 2012

1 comment

Replies

Start the discussion

max 4000 characters
  • MoinBple  |  November 07 2012, 8:33PM

My son and his friend have just finished cycling from Gibraltar to Santander and then from Plymouth to Barnstaple. It was done as a charity run for Little Bridge House. While in Spain and covering over 900 miles they had no problems with traffic but as soon as they cycled off the ferry at Plymouth then the intolerance towards cyclists began. We must be the most intolerant country in Europe when it comes to cyclists. Stop griping Dale!

START A DISCUSSION

Something about your area!