A fire on Sunday afternoon in Bingham Crescent, Barnstaple, left a bungalow severely damaged throughout.
Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service received a call about the fire just after 3pm and sent two fire appliances from Barnstaple to the incident.
Through thermal imaging, the fire crews confirmed that there was a fire in the bedroom. Using four breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, a thermal image camera and an extension ladder, the firefighters extinguished the fire.
By the time the fire was out, 30 per cent of the bungalow was damaged by fire and 90 per cent was damaged by smoke.
One cat was rescued by fire service personnel.