TWO fire engines from Ilfracombe went to the scene of a ground floor flat in the town following a report of a tumble dryer on fire.
The woman occupant and a child had already left the privately own flat in La Bastille by the time crews arrived.
They discovered a small fire in the tumble dryer in the living room and put it out using two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet and small tools.
They then ventilated the property to clear it of smoke. The fire happened at 10.14 this morning ( Wednesday September 26). No-one was injured.