Login Register

Fire crews tackle chimney fires in Abbotsham and Little Torrington

By NDJPhilippa  |  Posted: February 28, 2013

Two fire crews attended two different chimney fires.

Two fire crews attended two different chimney fires.

Comments (0)

Fire crews were called to two chimney fires last night.

The first fire broke out at Glebe House in Abbotsham, near Bideford, at 6.10pm which had been caused by a cooking range.

A fire engine and crew from Bideford attended the incident.

The second chimney fire occurred at South Hill Cottages in Little Torrington, Torrrington, at 5am this morning, which a fire engine and crew from Torrington attended.

The fire had begun in the chimney itself and crews extinguished it from the grate.

After extinguishing both fires the crews gave the occupants advice on how to prevent chimney fires.

Read more from North Devon Journal

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES