Fire crews from Witheridge were called to two fires straight after each other this afternoon.
The first was around 3pm at a house on Campellhayes Hill in Witheridge where oil had leaked into an oil fired stove.
The Witheridge crew, who were joined by two fire engines from Tiverton, extinguished the fire using dry powder and made the stove safe.
The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.
Straight afterwards the Witheridge crew were called to reports of a chimney fire at a house on Beacon Rise in Chulmleigh.
Crews arrived around 4.30pm and extinguished the fire from the hearth.