Popular life simulation computer game The Sims 4 launched yesterday (September 2) in the US for PC - but developers EA Maxis and The Sims Studio have already had to post a Day 1 update addressing a number of bugs and glitches.
The improvements include the following:
Severe Issues / Crashes:
- Fixed a crash in Build Mode by preventing the game from thinking fences were rooms.
- Fixed a crash in Create A Sim that could occur after locking and unlocking a computer.
Bug Fixes / Issues:
- Fixed an issue with “Shine on Men’s Suit,” “Glitter and Abs,” “Big Hat of Shame,” “Star-Spangled Glasses” and the “Tiki Bar” not remembering their unlocked state on reload.
- Fixed several issues with Sims attempting to go on dates with the Reaper, resulting in unresponsive game states. The Reaper still loves ya baby; he is just too busy to go on a date with every lovelorn Sim that vies for his attention.
Fixed several issues where babies were incorrectly hibernating within household inventories resulting in several issues:
- You can now exit Build Mode when not on your home lot if a baby was incorrectly left in the home lot inventory.
- Game no longer hangs if you attempt to split a household with a baby on the lot and in the household inventory.
- Splitting and merging households no longer results in unplayable households due to babies being left in household inventories.
- Babies are no longer left locked in the household inventory if all the other Sims in the household die.
- Babies no longer multiply if left in the Household Inventory while editing the lot via Manage Worlds.
- Fixed an issue where Gallery households that have been merged with another household were preventing Live Mode from loading.
- Adding a new Sim to a played household via Create A Sim by going from Manage Worlds will now allow you to modify the face and body.
- Lots with scaled objects (via the shift + [,] cheat) that are shared to the Gallery will now remember their enlarged state for others to enjoy.
- Fixed an issue where the game would become unresponsive when attempting to save a lot to the your library.
Sims 4, the latest in the popular series, was announced in May 2013 and launched Tuesday for PC. It is due to be released in the UK on Friday, September 5.
A Mac release has been confirmed, but no date has been set by the game's developers.
Sims 4 is a single player and does not require a continuous Internet connection to play. Players can also now multitask in the game and can complete more than one objective at once.
Developers also claim this installment will possess more social abilities, such as importing other players’ homes into a game and being able to affect the world around the Sims.