COUNCILLOR Philip Collins has been re-elected as leader of Torridge District Council for another 12 months.
At last night's meeting Annual General Meeting (April 28), members decided on leadership and chairs for each committee.
Councillor Collins has been ward member for Clinton since 2003 and leader since 2013.
Councillor Roger Johnson was re-elected as deputy leader.
Mr Collins said he was “looking forward” to working with the rest of the members for the next year.
Mr Collins said: “We have no easy tasks ahead of us but I hope we can all work together for the benefit of Torridge. I would like to thank Members for their support. I look forward to working with them all over the next 12 months.”
Councillor Peter Christie was elected the new chair, taking over from Councillor Tony Inch, and the new vice chair is councillor Bob Hicks.
Mr Christie said: “I am 64 in the next couple of weeks and this will be my 32nd year on the council.
“I have enjoyed every minute of it.”
Vice chair, Bob Hicks, told the members: “I will do the best for you I guarantee.”
The following have been elected as chairs of Torridge District Council Committees:
• Chair of Community and Resources Committee: Councillor Phil Collins
• Vice Chair of Community and Resources Committee: Councillor Roger Johnson
• Chair of Audit and Governance Committee: Councillor David Lausen
• Vice Chair of Audit and Governance Committee: Councillor John Himan
• Chair of Plans Committee: Councillor Rose Lock
• Vice Chair of Plans Committee: Councillor Margaret Brown
• Chair of Licensing Committee: Councillor Roger Tisdale
• Vice Chair of Licensing Committee: Councillor Barry Edwards
• Chair of Overview and Scrutiny (External) Committee: Councillor Phil Pennington
• Vice Chair of Overview and Scrutiny (External) Committee: Councillor David Brenton
•Chair of Overview and Scrutiny (Internal) Committee: Councillor Brian Redwood
• Vice Chair of Overview and Scrutiny (Internal) Committee: Councillor Pete Watson
• Chair of Standards Committee: Councillor Sam Robinson
• Vice Chair of Standards Committee: Councillor Anna Dart
• Chair of Joint Local Plan Working Group: Councillor Gaye Tabor