Login Register

North Devon League Premier Division round-up

By NDJMark  |  Posted: March 30, 2014

Mark Turner scored two goals for Boca Seniors

Comments (0)

Boca Seniors and Braunton continued their two-way tussle for the North Devon League title with emphatic away victories.

A stunning goal from Ciaron Lishman led Boca to a 5-1 win at Bideford – four days after they were thumped 4-1 by the same opponents in the Torridge Cup.

Darren Todd's team made amends as goals from Tom Popham and Lishman, with a 40-yard strike, put them two up at the Sports Ground by half time.

Mark Turner capped a lively display on the right with two goals and  Kurt Bayliss scored to complete a league double over the Robins.

Bideford, who pulled one back through Phil Kelly, had no answer to Boca's clinical finishing.

Up the road at Pollyfield, Braunton produced one of their best displays of the season as Sam Box (two), Russell Harrison and Ross Maynard scored in a 4-0 win over Shamwickshire Rovers.

Shammy had keeper Dan Elston sent off in the closing stages after bringing down Simon Townsend who was taken to hospital with a knee injury which is not as bad as first feared.

The win keeps Braunton at the top of the Premier Division on goal difference while Boca have a game in hand.

Craig Sandle sent a sweet shot past Jamie Pow from long range as Barnstaple AAC came from behind to win 2-1 at Fremington.

Andy King converted a penalty for Fremmy but their hopes were dented when Simon Larcombe talked himself into a red card.

Wayne Parkhouse headed the equaliser against his former club and Sandle did the rest.

There was a positive response from Fremmy today with King giving them the lead at Appledore before Kristian Hancock claimed the equaliser in a 1-1 draw.

Appledore, still undefeated in 2014, took four points from the weekend after two first-half goals from Tom Barton sealed a 2-0 victory at Dolton.

A rare goal from Tim Summers helped Bradworthy to their fourth consecutive draw. Summers and Gary Clarke were on target, while Joe Alcock and an own goal earned Ilfracombe Town a point.

Ten-man Shebbear United beat Chittlehampton 2-1 to finally secure their first win of 2014.

Greg Mitchell put them ahead but Matt Jones equalised and Jamie Sluggett was sent off following a second yellow card. Shebbear raised their game and clinched the win when Matt Facey volleyed in at a corner.

Read more from North Devon Journal

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters