Login Register

Man and woman given oxygen after chip pan fire in Langleigh Park, Ilfracombe

By NDJJoel  |  Posted: January 20, 2013

Fire crews at the scene at Langleigh Park Ilfracombe
Pic: Joel Cooper

Fire crews at the scene at Langleigh Park Ilfracombe Pic: Joel Cooper

Comments (0)

A man and a woman received oxygen treatment after a chip pan +fire filled their home with smoke in Ilfracombe yesterday evening.

Two fire crews and an ambulance were called to 27 Langleigh Park around 6.20pm yesterday.

Speaking at the scene incident commander Mark Creek said: "The man and the woman who lie at the house were outside on arrival.

"We have given them some oxygen because they had inhaled smoke from the fire.

"We isolated the gas supply to the property and extinguished the fire using one hose and thermal imaging equipment.

"We are currently assessing the amount of damage in the kitchen and ventilating the house to get rid of all the smoke."

The man and woman were treated by ambulance staff on the scene but are not believed to have any serious injuries.

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES

 
 
 

MOST POPULAR