Login Register
 °

Man assaults ex-girlfriend in terrifying incident involving chainsaw at Okehampton farm

By North Devon Journal  |  Posted: April 03, 2014

ExeterCrownCourt
Comments (0)

A man has admitted assaulting his ex partner after a terrifying incident involving a chain saw.

Nigel Reeby did not start the saw during the affray at a farm near Okehampton which happened shortly after victim Rosalynd Davies was assaulted.

Reeby was due to stand trial at Exeter Crown Court but admitted the offences and his case was adjourned for reports by Judge Erik Salomonsen.

Reeby, aged 46, of Catalina Close, Dunkeswell, near Honiton, admitted affray and assault causing actual bodily harm on two dates in June last year. A more serious charge of wounding was dropped.

He was released on bail on condition he does not contact Miss Davies or visit her address at a farm at Okehampton.

Mr Jonathan Barnes, prosecuting, said Reeby’s pleas are acceptable because he now admits the full facts of the assault.

He said:”The charge of affray is accepted on the basis he used the chain saw in the manner alleged but had no intention of causing really serious harm and he never started it.”

Mr Joss Ticehurst, defending, asked the judge to adjourn the case for pre sentence reports and said Reeby has no previous convictions, although he has one caution for common assault dating back to 2002.

The Judge told Reeby:”You have made the very realistic and sensible decision to acknowledge your guilt on the day of your trial. I am not making any promises about the eventual sentence.”

Read more from North Devon Journal

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES