Firefighters tackled a fire at a building which was being used as a temporary home near Beaworthy this afternoon.
One crew from Holsworthy and two from Launceston in Cornwall were called to reports of a building on fire in Ashwater at 3.15pm.
Upon arrival at the scene, crews confirmed the chimney and roof of the temporary living accommodation on fire.
Firefighters used a short extension ladder, small tools and a thermal image camera to inspect the property.
The property was empty at the time of the blaze and so nobody was injured in the fire.
Fire crews remain at the scene and an investigation into how the fire started is expected to be carried out.