Login Register

Firefighters tackle blaze which destroyed a first floor bedroom in Roborough property

By NDJFran  |  Posted: January 08, 2014

Fireengine

Fireengine

Comments (0)

A first floor bedroom in Roborough was completely destroyed by fire yesterday evening.

Fire crews from Torrington, Chulmleigh and Barnstaple were called to the scene in West Road just before 8pm.

They found the first floor and roof of a property was on fire but confirmed no one was inside the building.

The electricity and gas supply was turned off and firefighters backed up the water supply using a nearby hydrant.

The bedroom was destroyed in the blaze and there was 100% damage to the ground floor from water.

It is believed the fire was accidental.

Read more from North Devon Journal

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES