Firefighters were called to a chimney fire near Beaworthy last night.
Crews from Hatherleigh, Holsworthy and Okehampton were called to a property in West Chilla at around 9.40pm following reports a fire had spread from the chimney to the chimney breast.
Upon arrival, crews confirmed the fire was confined to the chimney and set about extinguishing it with one hose reel jet.
Firefighters also used a ladder to access the chimney and small tools, as well as a thermal image camera to check for hotspots.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said the cause of the fire was believed to be accidental.