Login Register

Firefighters called to chimney fire at flat on Abbotsham Road in Bideford

By NDJWill  |  Posted: May 04, 2013

Comments (0)

Firefighters were called to a chimney fire at a flat near Higher Winsford Farm on Abbotsham Road in Bideford last night.

Crews headed to the property at around 10.10pm after an emergency call reported the fire in the home.

After arriving firefighters were able to confirm the chimney brest was alight and set about extinguishing the fire using specialist gear.

Once the fire was out they were able to tell it had been caused when the wooden lintel in the fireplace caught light.

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES

 
 
 

MOST POPULAR