Login Register

Firefighters called to chimney fire at Kingsley Avenue in Barnstaple

By NDJJoel  |  Posted: January 17, 2013

Fire engine
Comments (0)

A fire crew from Barnstaple were called to a chimney fire at 28 Kingsley Avenue in Barnstaple at 10.40pm last night.

On arrival firefighters found the flue was blocked with debris and used a solid pump hose to extinguish the blaze.  There was no damage to the property.

Watch manager Dean Hastie stressed the importance of having a clean chimney.

He said: "People should have their chimney's swept after the summer before they start lighting their fire for the winter.

"Anyone burning solid fuel should consider having it swept during the winter as well.

"Any debris in the flue can cause a hazard and also has the potential to cause carbon monoxide poisoning."

Read more from North Devon Journal

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES