A hotel near Holsworthy was evacuated in the early hours of this morning following reports of a fire.
Firefighters from Holsworthy and Torrington were called to Woodford Bridge Hotel & Country Club in Milton Damerel after the fire alarms started sounding.
Upon arrival, crews found a smouldering electrical wire in a central heating pump in the ground floor boiler room of the hotel complex.
The overheated wire had set off the sensitive alarms at the thatched roof property.
Firefighters isolated the electricity supply and left the incident in the hands of the hotel owners.
Nobody was injured.