Pampering yourself and keeping up with the latest beauty and skin products can be an expensive affair. But it doesn’t have to be. Here are five tips to make you look and feel fabulous on a budget.
1. Nail parties: Have your friends over and do each other’s nails. It will cost a fraction of the price of getting regular salon manicures. If all of you pool your polishes together you’ll have a wide range of colours to choose from.
2. Homemade face masks: Get the same results as shop bought face masks by making your own. This one is good for combination skin:
Mash together some bananas, which make the skin flexible and super-soft, peaches (which reduce excess oil), honey (which reduces the redness of pimples) and some ground almonds (which help remove dead skin cells).
Apply the mask for 10 to 15 minutes before washing off with lukewarm water. Close your eyes and pop some recently-used teabags on them to banish dark circles.
3. Skin scrub: Keep your body polished top to toe by doing weekly skin scrubs. Create your own by mixing two parts sugar, one part oil – baby oil or extra virgin oil are fine. Slather onto skin with an exfoliating mitt from Boots or Superdrug, prices from 99p.
4. Sleep: It’s absolutely free and can make a big difference to your health, skin and mental state. Try to get around eight hours a night. Try turning off your phone and laptop an hour before bed to help you unwind.
5. Water: Keep yourself hydrated and your skin glowing by drinking 6 to 8 glasses of water a day. It will clear your pores for a fresh-faced look.