Login Register
 °

Family evacuate their Bratton Fleming home after carbon monoxide alarm goes off

By NDJNicole  |  Posted: February 26, 2013

Comments (0)

LEVELS of carbon monoxide were found at a house in Bratton Fleming early this morning.

Firemen from Barnstaple went to a home in Furze Park Road at 7.15am.

A man had evacuated his family after their carbon monoxide alarm went off. They were waiting in their car as crews went into the house with breathing equipment and a gas detector.

Watch Manager, Richard Bulled said: "We found a low level carbon monoxide reading so we isolated the boiler.

"The family also had a woodburner and were burning coal last night. We emptied the ash and unburned products.

"We also advised them to get their boiler looked at and chimney swept.

"We advise anyone who has a woodburner stove, any fire that burns on solid fuel, or a gas burner to have a carbon monoxide detector for their own piece of mind.

"Look out for signs around. Yellowy charring can be an indicator that something is not right, the gas might not be being burnt correctly."

Read more from North Devon Journal

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES