Login Register

Crews called out to two chimney fires

By North Devon Journal  |  Posted: March 07, 2013

Comments (0)

FIRE crews were called to two chimney fires on Wednesday night last week.

The first fire broke out at Glebe House in Abbotsham, near Bideford, at 6.10pm which had been caused by a cooking range.

A fire engine and crew from Bideford attended the incident.

The second chimney fire occurred at South Hill Cottages in Little Torrington, at 5am on Thursday morning which a fire engine and crew from Torrington attended.

The fire had begun in the chimney itself and crews extinguished it from the grate.

After extinguishing both fires the crews gave the occupants advice on how to prevent chimney fires.

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES

 
 
 

MOST POPULAR