Login Register
 °

Couple evacuated from Braunton home after gas leak

By NDJPhilippa  |  Posted: September 23, 2013

Fireman

Fireman

Comments (0)

Two fire crews tackled a gas leak at a property in Braunton on Saturday night, which caused a couple to be evacuated from their home for an hour and a half.

A total of 10 firefighters from Braunton and Barnstaple were at the scene in Barton Lane from 1.30am until just after 3am.

The man and woman, who were in the property, had been woken up by the carbon monoxide alarm and were waiting outside their home by the time the fire crews arrived.

The carbon monoxide leak had come from the wood burner and meant part of the property was filled with smoke.

The fire crews suspected the leak had been caused by the chimney flue being blocked.

They used equipment to clear the gas from the property and then used a gas detector to ensure it had all been removed successfully.

Watch commander Richard Bulled confirmed the couple in the property were unharmed and needed no medical assistance.

Read more from North Devon Journal

Do you have something to say? Leave your comment here...

max 4000 characters

YOUR COMMENTS AWAITING MODERATION

 
 
 

MORE NEWS HEADLINES