Firefighters from Barnstaple fire station were called to a shop in Braunton last night when cardboard left close to a kiln caught fire.
The fire service received a call at around midnight last night, and headed to Paint A Pot, on Exeter Street in Braunton.
They were able to put out the small fire in around an hour.
Firefighter Richard Bulled explained how the fire started at the store, which offers customers the chance to make and decorate their own clay pottery, before firing it in a kiln.
“There was something left close to a kiln,” he said. “Radiated heat from it caught some cardboard and other bits and bobs alight.”