This week Slee Blackwell solicitor Zara Svensson tells us about her life in 20 Questions.
1. Childhood hero: Emlyn Hughes.
2. Hobbies: Trying to tame my cello, supporting Liverpool FC (since I was six) and the England cricket team from my armchair and Exeter Chiefs from the touchline.
3. Favourite music:
Anything with a good lyric and Dvorak’s cello concerto.
4. Favourite book:
Knowledge of Angels by Jill Paton Walsh.
5. Favourite film:
6. Favourite TV programme: Yes (Prime) Minister.
7. Favourite restaurant: L’Enclume (Simon Rogan) in Cartmel, Cumbria.
8. First job: Shelf stacker at Timothy Whites in Barnstaple.
9. I’m very good at: Seeing the funny side.
10. I’m very bad at: Geography (I have a complete blind spot).
11. A phrase I use too often: “Mine’s a margarita!”
12. Three people (dead or alive) I’d invite for dinner: Jim Morrison (The Doors), Mstislav Rostropovich (greatest cellist), Roger Bushell (Great Escapee).
13. Other than my other half, I’d like to be stranded on a desert island with: My Dalmatian, Boo.
14. I’m embarrassed by: My cooking.
15. Proudest moment: Winning the egg and spoon race at the Slee Blackwell sports day.
16. Best things about North Devon: Its remoteness.
17. Worst things about North Devon: Being thought of as Exeter’s commuter belt.
18. What of our country’s laws would you change: I’d make legal advice free for everyone.
19. Overrated public figure: Anyone whose job involves holding a clipboard (actually or metaphorically).
20. In another life I’d like to be: able to cook.