Want something to do this weekend? Here are some suggestions for a fun packed few days:
1. End your week with a party. Don platforms and flares and wallow in some nostalgic glam rock. T Rextasy, who have won award for best tribute act by the BBC, play at the Queen’s Theatre in Barnstaple on Friday. Details: click here
2. Live music lovers, meanwhile, might tempted on a night out to listen Dorset band Saturday Sun, who bring a mix of folk, rock and psychedelia to the Palladium Club in Bideford on Friday night. Details: click here
3. There’s family entertainment, with lots of silly gags and a chance to boo and hiss when the Croyde Players perform panto Babes In The Wood With Robin Hood. It’s running on Friday and Saturday. Details: click here
4. There’s more family entertainment at the Plough Arts Centre in Torrington which is showing movie The Muppets on Saturday afternoon. It’s all for a great cause too as money raised will go to North Devon Hospice. Details: click here
5. Hobbit enthusiasts will want to turn out for The Desolation Of Smaug, which is at Bideford Cinema (Friday and Saturday) and Barnstaple’s Central Cinema this weekend.
The film picks up where An Unexpected Journey concluded, with plucky hobbit Bilbo Baggins (Martin Freeman), wise wizard Gandalf The Grey (Sir Ian McKellen) and the company of dwarves led by Thorin Oakenshield (Richard Armitage) running for their lives.
6. Folk fans, meanwhile, might like to turn out for award-winning young talent James Findlay who is in the gallery at the Plough Arts Centre, Torrington on Saturday. Details: click here
7. Art lovers should head to the Burton Art Gallery in Bideford to see the exquisite wild life prints of TA Osborne. Pop in for a coffee and while away a rainy Sunday afternoon looking at inspiring art works. Details: click here
8. Or treat yourself to a slap-up Sunday roast. Do you have a favourite carvery or reliable local restaurant that’s ideal for a Sunday lunch out? If so we want to hear about it. Details: Click here
9. Dodge the rain drops and head out for a Sunday stroll at RHS Rosemoor near Torrington to see the dramatic winter sculpture exhibition. Details: click here
10. Children of the Eighties may still be fighting the urge to sing the fiendishly catchy theme tune to the cartoon series Dogtanian and the Muskehounds every time The Musketeers are mentioned, but the BBC’s new series got off to a suitably swashbuckling start last week.
But will it be enough to cut a swathe through the ratings of a certain Mr Selfridge? Sunday night drama is back. Your choice. The Musketeers is on BBC One, 9pm and Mr Selfridge is on ITV, 9pm. Read an interview with the writer and stars of The Musketeers. Details: click here