Warmer weather is predicted for this Mothering Sunday weekend so here are some ideas to make the most of it.
1. Start the weekend with laughter. Xtra Factor’s Matt Richardson brings his Hometown Hero gig to the Plough Arts Centre, Torrington on Friday. Read our interview with him: click here
2. Or raise a glass or two to celebrate the end of the working week. Wetherspoons in Barnstaple and Bideford is holding a17-day beer festival. Details: click here
3. Those in to retro rock might like to try out a tribute to Thin Lizzy. Catch Limehouse Lizzy at the Palladium in Bideford on Friday. Details: click here
4. The other McCartney sibling is giving a talk at the Plough Arts Centre in Torrington on Saturday night. Mike McCartney has lived a colourful life and he wants to tell you about it. Read our interview with him: click here
5. If you want a tour of a vintage mill where they make gorgeous socks and tops, then head to John Arbon Textiles and Fibre Harvest in South Molton. There’s an open day this Saturday. Details here: click here
6. For stylish entertainment you might want to catch talented students from Petroc who perform the musical Anything Goes at the Landmark Theatre this weekend. Details: click here
7. Folk fans won’t want to miss award-winning fiddle player and singer Tom McConville who is at the George Hotel, South Molton on Saturday. Details: click here
8. Sunday is Mothering Sunday and there are plenty of attractions open where you could take your mum including gardens at Arlington and Rosemoor. Click here for ideas
9. Taking your mum out for a slap-up roast? The Barnstaple Hotel won our best Sunday Roast competition. Read a review: click here
10. If your mum likes a good rom-com then take her to see About Last Night at Barnstaple’s Central Cinema. The re-working of a classic romantic film follows two couples as they journey from the bar to the bedroom and then are put to the test in the real world.